Purpose, Values & Vision
Through a consultative process, the new leadership team has redefined precisely our primary statement of purpose, the common values that bind the Group and inform our every interaction, and our vision for the future. These tenets of the Murray & Roberts business philosophy are explained in the tabs below.
Delivery of Infrastructure
- We support infrastructure delivery through our core competency of engineering and construction, and through the provision of selected construction products and operations.
- This is underpinned by growing global demand for transport and logistics, power and energy, water and sanitation, telecommunications, health and education, accommodation and facilities, and mineral extraction and beneficiation infrastructure.
- Infrastructure owners rely on the various stakeholders within the built environment to develop, finance, design, engineer, construct, operate and supply inputs for delivery of infrastructure.
To Enable Economic and Social Development
- The built environment and the infrastructure associated with it is core to quality of life and prosperity.
- The engineering and construction sector and its value chain creates and sustains jobs, contributes to national fiscal revenue and seeks to improve the wellbeing of the many citizens employed by the sector.
- Without infrastructure, sustainable economic and social development is not possible.
In a Sustainble Way
- Murray & Roberts is influenced by society and the environment and through its business activities has an impact on society and the environment.
- We aspire to operate in an ethical and sustainable way by considering the concerns of our stakeholders, understanding our risks and opportunities, and managing our social and environmental impact.
- Our framework for sustainability (below) provides the business model we employ in pursuing our goals and aspirations.
The Murray & Roberts values are the ultimate guide of our intent and actions. They align and unite all our people across our diverse operating platforms.
- Care for our people by prioritising their safety and wellbeing above all else and ensuring they have the necessary tools and training to carry out their work safely and effectively
- Care for our customers and stakeholders through striving for delivery excellence, on time and in budget
- Care for the environment by minimising the potentially negative impacts of our activities.
- Being consistent in our actions and adhering to our core values
- Conducting our business undertakings honestly, openly, directly and ethically.
- Appreciating the environment in which we operate
- Acknowledging others’ differences
- Treating each other with trust and dignity.
- Taking responsibility for our actions
- Being transparent in keeping record of our activities and in our disclosure
- Being answerable for our actions.
- Our belief in what we do
- Hard work and dedication to the tasks undertaken
- Ensuring we deliver on what we have promised.
1 Leading Means:
- Satisfied shareholders through value creation
- Achievement of business objectives
- Murray & Roberts brand respected
- Recognised as a diverse, high performing and responsible organisation
- Renowned for leadership development and capacity
- Stakeholder partnerships leveraged for growth
- Internal and external trusting and open relationships
- Employer of choice
- Global capabilities harnessed to deliver successful project outcomes
- Effective systems and controls to ensure successful project delivery
- Sustainability and governance emulated by industry
- Recognised for outstanding health, safety and environment results
- Effective risk management
2 Diversified Engineering and Construction Group means:
reduce our risk profile and operate sustainably in a cyclical industry through diversification of geographic footprint, market segment focus and value chain positioning, as shown below:
3 Our Target Markets means:
UNDERGROUND MINING We will leverage our existing global footprint and co-operate to share best practice, specialised personnel and equipment.
- EMERGING MARKETS
NATURAL RESOURCES AND INFRASTRUCTURE A growing global population, urbanisation and ageing infrastructure are driving demand for infrastructure and natural resources, with A frica as a key focus for growth.